Sunday, December 23, 2018

Love and other Words

Love and other Words
by Christina Lauren


Macy works as a pediatrics resident, is newly engaged, and has a full life, or at least she thinks she does.  One day she accidentally runs into Elliot, her first love and her whole world is questioned.  Something happened where they were once so close and now haven't spoken for ten years.

The story is told in alternating chapters between teenage Elliot and Macy and present day Elliot and Macy.  I found both of the story lines interesting.  The teenage chapters were interesting reading as they grew up and how they liked to spend their time to read was sweet.  I kept reading wanting to find out what had happened to break them apart and cause the silence.  And then I found the present day chapters interesting as I wanted them to get back together.  I wasn't sure why she was with her finance Sean; it was a relationship of convenience, not love.

I really enjoyed this one, I got wrapped up into the book, I wanted my book characters to get back together.  When it came to the part where you finally find out what had happened to break them up and then read more about Macy's day, oh I cried as my heart just broke for Macy and what happened that day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...