Monday, November 19, 2018

Nine Women, One Dress

Nine Women, One Dress
by Jane L. Rosen


Nine Women, One Dress intertwines different stories and characters and how one dress effects them.  It was a fun read.  I enjoyed reading the ongoing stories among the characters and seeing how the dress would connect their stories one to the next.  It was fun, something a little different.

Natalie is a salesgirl at Bloomingdale's, upset over how her ex-boyfriend is already engaged to someone else after they just broke up two months ago.  Next thing you know she is dating a movie star, who is of course actually a nice guy.  In a mix-up she thinks he is gay, when he is not.  I pictured the actor who plays Kevin on This is Us.  And oh I wanted their relationship to work out, I was rooting for them.

Felicia, an executive assistant, has been in love with her boss for twenty years.  While his wife was alive, Arthur only had eyes for her.  Apparently Felicia's feelings have long been clear to everyone around her, including his wife while she was alive.  Felicia was always respectful and never made a move.  Interesting how Felicia and his wife actually got along quite well and respected each other. 

Andrea, is a private eye investigating a husband accused of cheating.  And oddly soon finds herself falling for the husband, who turns out to be a decent guy.

Sophie, is a Brown graduate, living at home and currently looking for a job.  She starts posting on Instagram fake pictures to make herself look better.  I found her annoying, making stuff up, posting fake pictures.  She could probably use her time better.

There are more minor characters intertwined throughout the book, but those were the main stories that stuck out to me and I enjoyed reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...