Tuesday, November 13, 2018

The Ever After

The Ever After
by Sarah Pekkanen

Josie and Frank Moore have a good marriage, at least that is what Josie thinks.  Until one day, Josie looks at her husband's phone and notices messages to another woman.  Frank is having an affair.  Josie is in disbelief and shock.  She had no idea.  

The novel flips between present day and flashbacks to before the affair, to try to explain how they ended up where they did.  They did fight and argue before the affair.  And afterwards they end up going to therapy, which does seem to help.

This novel does a good job of going into the depth of emotions Josie is feeling after finding out about the affair.  Frank says he is sorry and sounds remorseful.  However, after what he did I would not trust him again and Josie should have kicked him out of the house immediately.  The snake.  He might be a good husband for a while, but once he has strayed, I could see it happening easily down the road.

It was a bit of a darker read for me, and the next book I read, I'm picking out something a bit lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...