Saturday, December 29, 2018

Little Pink Slips

Little Pink Slipsby Sally Koslow


Magnolia is the editor in chief of Lady magazine.  At a meeting, she is surprised to find out that the magazine Lady will be turned into a new magazine called Bebe.  The new magazine is named after a brash television personality who will be the new face of their magazine.   Magnolia is horrified, Bebe is a terrible choice to be the head of a magazine, she is is unpredictable and will easily alienate their readers.  Magnolia goes along and does what she can to make the magazine launch a success in order to keep her job.

This reminded a bit of The Devil wears Prada, but I think I enjoyed that one more.  This was a good story, it just wasn't the best.  I liked Magnolia, but Bebe was really annoying, but she was supposed to be that way.  The last 100 pages or so I found the book to be getting a bit long and I was just ready to get the book done so I could move on to something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...