Thursday, December 13, 2018

Pull up a Chair

Pull up a Chair
by Tiffani Thiessen

This cookbook caught my eye as it was from Tiffani Thiessen.  After looking at this book, I found out that apparently she has a cooking show called "Dinner at Tiffani's."  I had no idea.  Like many others, I watched her in "Saved by the Bell," and then a few years ago on "White Collar."  

What I like about this cookbook is the pictures.  When I look at a cookbook, I really like to see pictures of the food, so I get an idea of what I'm trying to make.  The pictures in this book are stunning.  

After looking over the recipes, I marked several to give a try.  I also like that the ingredients in the recipes seem like fairly normal ingredients.  Sometimes I'll look at a cookbook and a recipe has a bunch of odd ingredients in them.  I don't want to run to the store to buy a bunch of ingredients for one recipe that may or may not turn out.  I like to make a recipe with ingredients I already have, or if it's something I need to purchase, it's something that I know I can use with something else.

In that past few days I have made the corn chowder soup on page 53, the four-bean chili on page 93, and the corn bread on page 94.  And yes, so far they have turned out. And I have several other pages I have marked to try later.

I borrowed this book from the library, but this is a book I might actually go out and buy a copy for myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...