Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Wolfie the Bunny

Wolfie the Bunny by Ame Dyckman

This is a cute children’s book about a family of bunnies who one day discover a baby wolf sitting outside their front door. They then go on to raise the wolf as part of their family.  Mama and Papa both immediately love the baby wolf as their own child. 

Big sister Dot, on the other hand, is a little wary of the small baby wolf.  In the story she keeps saying “He’s going to eat us all up!”  As the story goes on you see how attached little Wolfie is to his big sister.  He follows her around and Dot complains “He’s drooling on me!”  The family runs out of carrots and Dot and Wolfie go to the store to get more.  While at the store big sister Dot defends her brother Wolfie against a bully.
My children enjoyed listening to me read this story to them.  And it is one of those children’s books that are cute for all ages.  The part where little brother follows his big sister around everywhere and annoys her reminds me of my own kids.  And the end is heartwarming when they come together as a family to work together to get rid of the bully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...