Sunday, February 17, 2019

The Ruling Class

The Ruling Class
by Francine Pascal


This novel about high school rotates mainly between Twyla and Myrna.  

Twyla is the new girl at school, her family is poor, yet she is at a school that is filled with rich people.  She is not popular, more of your average every day student.  I was rooting for her, I wanted her to somewhat fit in, make friends, etc.

Myrna is obsessed with Jeanette Sue and follows her around like a puppy dog.  It's sad how Myrna thinks she is such good friends with the clicky group and they just make fun of her and she doesn't see that. She's really naive, but it made for some amusing reading.

I don't know why Jeanette Sue was considered popular at the school and everyone was following her every move.  She was annoying.

This novel reminded me of "Mean Girls."  It was a fun, quick read.  I enjoyed it when Twyla was getting people together to get revenge on "the ruling class."  The ending did give me a laugh.  I was expecting a light, fun read and that's exactly what it ended up being.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...