Wednesday, April 3, 2019

The Next Flame

The Next Flame
Penelope Douglas

This book has two novellas featuring characters from the series Fall Away.  


Aflame
This is the continuation of the story of Tate and Jared from the book Bully.  Since then, Tate and Jared were happy living together for a couple years.  Until Jared decided he wasn't happy and left her.  He said it was because he wasn't happy at college and needed to go find himself, and that he would come back for her.  It's been two years since then.  He broke her heart.  And now he's back and wants to be forgiven and back together.

More heartache and wondering when the two will get back together.  They both still love each other, so you kinda figure they will get back together after more drama.  It was a good story, bringing back characters and seeing what happens to them a few years later.  I liked the ending and reading the characters all having families and being happy.  


Next to Never
Quinn has grown up under the careful watch of her older brothers: Jared, Madoc and Jaxon.  One day a mysterious package turns up under her doorstep.  It reveals family secrets.

I really didn't get into this one.  It took me a while to figure out who Quinn was.  Maybe it would have been better reading this story after I have read the rest of the Fall Away series.  The other books I have read by this author have been really good, so it was a disappointment to come across one I didn't care for, but it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...