Sunday, April 14, 2019

Unbury Carol

Unbury Carol
by Josh Malerman


Carol has an interesting condition, she will suddenly fall into a coma that will last for days.  She wakes up fine, but while in the coma she is aware of everything happening around her.  It's a bit disturbing to be stuck in her body, aware of what's going on and completely unable to move.  

Another problem is that she appears dead to others while she is in these comas.  The only people aware of her condition are currently her husband, Dwight, and the other is her lost love, James Moxie.  Dwight is aware of her condition, so he wants to bury her in a hurry so he can get all her money.  James Moxie is told that Carol has died and he realizes its one of her incidents and is rushing to get back in time before Carol gets buried alive.

It was an interesting idea from the same author as Bird Box, but this one isn't as good.  Maybe I just wasn't relating to any of the characters.  If you randomly fell into these comas, I don't know why you wouldn't tell a few more people.  So she didn't want many people to know, to be judged or who knows maybe even experimented on.  But maybe a few should know just in case she fell into the coma and I don't know, so maybe she doesn't get buried alive.

Anyway, not as good as his other book that I have read (Bird Box), but I'm planning on reading a few of his other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...