Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Melissa Explains it All

Melissa Explains it All
by Melissa Joan Hart


This one came out a few years ago, Melissa mentioned her book in a Facebook post,  which I then went out and wanted to read her book.  I enjoyed watching Sabrina, the Teenage Witch and Melissa and Joey and thought it might be interesting about hearing some of the behind the scenes and other tidbits from her life.

Melissa started young as a child actress working in commercials, and her siblings are all actors too.  I did not know that, but I've never looked into her life before.  She goes on to tell about Clarissa, the different television movies she was on, and the hit television shows.  

I looked at other reviews when I started this book and there was a lot of negativity.  I enjoyed her book.  I liked hearing about the behind the scenes of her different shows.  She would name different celebrities as she had come across them and give us her honest opinion, she's a real person and I like that.  Not everybody is great to work with, that's realistic and honest.  And then she compared where she was in her career to where Sarah Michelle Gellar was in her career, for me that helped visualize what else was going on at the same time.  

I also liked how she gave us the names of the movie or television series she was working on, she has been in even more shows than I had realized.  

Towards the end of the book she talks about the struggle of working long hours on the set of Melissa and Joey and missing her family.  I would have liked to hear more about her as a mother, but perhaps she could share more about that down the road in her next book.

There was one chapter I didn't really are for, it was the one about her husband's  football team that he likes.  Honestly, I pretty much skimmed that chapter and the book went back to stuff I found more interesting.  

Overall, I enjoyed the book and found in interesting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...