Saturday, May 11, 2019

Want

Want
by Cindy Pon


Want is the first in an imaginative series where society is divided into two.  The rich are able to afford these expensive suits that protect them from the pollution.  The poor, who can't afford these suits, must breath the polluted air and they die much earlier than their rich counterparts.  

Jason Zhou is on the poor side and recently lost his mother.  With the help of his friends he is able to infiltrate Jin Corporation, the rich company that is making these suits and is pretty much in charge of everything.  He meets Daiyu, the daughter of Jin Corporation's CEO and well, she's different.  He likes her.

For some reason this one took me a little while to get into, I was starting to wonder if it was going to go in my did-not-finish list, but I'm glad I read just a few more pages, because then I was able to get into the story and I enjoyed the book. 

It was imaginative, you had your good and bad side.  What can they do about this pollution?  How do they make it better where the poor are able to live longer?  What is Daiyu going to do when she finds out who Jason really is?  I liked our main characters Jason Zhou and Daiyu, and I'm looking forward to reading the next one in this series to see where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...