Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Stranger in the House

Stranger in the House
by Shari Lapena



I really enjoyed Shari Lapena's The Couple Next Door so I was excited to see she had a new book out.  

Karen and Tom have been married a couple years.  One day Tom comes home and Karen is gone, her car is gone, but her purse and phone are all left behind.  She was also in the middle of making something in the kitchen and she randomly left in a hurry.  Soon Tom finds out that Karen has been in a car accident and that she was driving recklessly in the worst part of town.  In the hospital Karen remembers nothing of why she left in such a hurry.  Then when Karen comes back from the hospital she notices little items are moving around in the house; someone is coming in their house when they are not there.

This one was okay.  The first part I was reading wondering what was going on.  Karen doesn't have her memory so I was curious as to what was happening, what had made her leave in such a hurry.  And then as you find out it's almost anticlimactic.  It's oh, okay.  And then even the twist at the very end. I don't know, I just wasn't blown away.  

The point of view would also change multiple times in a chapter and I'm not sure I like that.  I don't mind multiple points of view, but when it changes so quickly and randomly it can get a bit confusing.

It was still a good story, I just didn't enjoy it as much as the other book I have read by her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...