Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Fight or Flight

Fight or Flight
by Samantha Young


Ava is flying home after going to the funeral of her childhood friend. Sitting next to her on the flight is a rude man, Caleb Scott.  They banter back and forth.  Soon after arriving back home she runs into Caleb again.  They decide to basically do the friends with benefits.  And sparks fly.

The beginning of this book was amusing.  When they were bantering back and forth on the plain, so funny as they annoyed each other.  For some reason at that part I kept picturing Thor, like in the movie.  Maybe because I just saw the Avenger movie last week.

It was steamy, but then there was more to the book too.  Slowly Ava and Caleb start to genuinely start to care for each other.  At one point in the book, Ava's friend needs her and Caleb goes with and he is there for her when she needs him.  But then he keeps saying stupid stuff that hurts her.  My heart broke with Ava.

Eventually it works out and it's the happy ending, but it was a bit emotional reading Ava's heart getting stomped on again.  And Caleb is not the first man to break her heart. 

I feel like I have found a new author to read.  It looks like she has quite a few books out so I'm happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...