Friday, June 14, 2019

The White Rose

The White Rose
by Amy Ewing


This is the second in The Lone City series.  In this one Violet is on the run.  Violet was caught with Ash, which is a big no-no.  Both face death as punishment.  As they escape, they rescue Violet's friend, Raven.

Along the way Violet learns more of how to control her auguries and becomes more powerful as she can control them better. She becomes involved with people who are not happy with how the city is run, very few have all the power and resources while the rest live in poverty and are forced into basically slavery.

I enjoyed this one.  I liked reading more about these auguries, in the first book they seemed almost mysterious and a side-note.  In this one Violet gets to get more into those.  

I liked reading more about Raven and more about Ash's past.  Where Ash came from and why he feels so broken having been basically forced into a slavery.  

I read other reviews and it seems like people either really liked this one or were disappointed and said it suffered the second-book syndrome.  I thought it was a good book, just like the first one. I'm looking forward to reading the next one in the series.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...