Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Fitness Junkie

Fitness Junkie
by Lucy Sykes and Jo Piazza

This one caught my eye at the library honestly because of the bright pink cover (my favorite color!)and it's title: Fitness Junkie.  I love to workout so I had to pick it up off the shelf and see what it was about.

Janey, is the CEO of a wedding dress company.  After getting photographed eating in the front row at a fashion show, her business partner, Beau, gives her an ultimatum: she has to loose 30 pounds in order to keep her job.  

The idea that someone would have to lose weight in order to keep their job is utterly ridiculous.  Though I could see that happening to someone who is a model, which is awful.  Anyway, without that ridiculous concept, you can't have what was a fun book.

I wanted to slap Beau, her business partner, who was the one who suggested she had to lose the weight, as she was the face of their company.  Such a snake!  He wasn't even the boss or owner of the company, he was the co-owner with her.  

The different diets that she comes across in this book were just amusing.  The clay diet where you only ate clay.  The butter diet. Yes, butter.  Ugh.  The all-white diet where you could only eat white foods.

Janey goes on her fitness journey, and soon meets Sarah Strong who is is currently doing a workout that is just called "The Workout" which is the latest rage as it's all hush hush to try to find the location and get into.  

I like as Janey moves from the beginning of the book from going to try to lose the weight from that snake Beau's advice, to growing through the book and eventually being comfortable in her own skin.  Heads up, she doesn't need to lose weight!

I think there were a couple other books by these authors at the library when I picked this one up, I will definitely be reading those down the road sometime too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...