Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Pig the Pug

Pig the Pug
by Aaron Blabey

As a mother of young children, I read quite a few children's books.  We read books at nap time, we read books at bedtime.  It has long been our standard routine.  

One of my favorites lately has been Pig the Pug.  I love this book!  It is fun, the pictures are hilarious.  Half the time I'm cracking up laughing.  

This book follows the antics of Pig, a selfish Pug, and his friend, Trevor, an easy-going dachshund.  Pig is always getting into mischief, and by the end Pig has learned another lesson.  
Each book has a nice little lesson for children (don't be greedy, share, don't cheat, etc.)

The first one is Pig the Pug.  And I have read this one so much, my son actually has it memorized and will say the words with me.  He is young enough, that he hasn't learned to read yet, but he knows his Pig the Pug books quite well.  

There are several Pig the Pug books, and I was so happy to see they were available via my daughter's Scholastic orders.  These books are fun enough for me to want my own copy, but hey, books are expensive!  What isn't too expensive are those Scholastic copies.  It's a win-win for all of us.  I am eagerly awaiting the latest Scholastic order where my daughter will get her book choice and I will receive Pig the Elf and Pig the Star.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...