Friday, January 11, 2019

Antiques Wanted

Antiques Wanted
by Barbara Allan


This is the 12th book in the Trash n' Treasures series featuring Brandy and her mother Vivian.  They own a store together where they sell antiques and treasures.  

In this one Vivian has decided to run for Sheriff and enlists her daughter as her campaign manager.  (This part was hilarious.)  They receive a valuable signed photo of a cowboy actor and soon after an explosion sends Brandy to the hospital.  After there there are unexplained deaths around town.  Why is someone killing people over an old photo?

This one was a quick read, I enjoy this series, I like the quirky characters Vivian and Brandy, they are amusing.  Vivian normally has a chapter or two from her point, this book had more chapters by her and I enjoyed that.  The book is written as if Vivian or Brandy are writing it and they go off on tangents, or their editor is telling them to get back on track.  That quirkiness is why I enjoy this series.  I have read reviews where those tangents bugs people, but to me it's part of the charm of this series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...