Saturday, January 19, 2019

Dry

Dry
by Neal Shusterman


What happens when there is no more water?  There is a drought and a water shortage.  Then the Colorado river is cut off from California and there is no more water.  This novel rotates between characters as they struggle to survive and become increasingly desperate  for the basic necessity of water. 

This was an interesting idea, water is such a basic need, it makes you wonder what you would do if suddenly the facet no longer turned on.  How much water do you have around the house?  What would you do?  

The sad thing about this story is while there is a drought going on, they didn't need to cut the river off and cause people to suffer and die.  And it takes days for people to step in and help. 

I found myself drinking more water as I read this book.

I will pick up a book if I see Neal Shusterman's name on it as it's going to be a good, imaginative story.  His books seem to be consistently good.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...