Sunday, January 20, 2019

City of the Lost

City of the Lost
by Kelley Armstrong


Casey, a homicide detective, killed a man when she was in college.  He was a grandson of a mobster and she was never caught.  Her best friend, Diana, is running from an abusive ex-husband.  Casey decides for both of their safety, they  need to disappear.

Diana hears about a domestic violence support town that takes in people like her.  It's in Canada.  Casey and Diana apply to get into the town and they do.  The town of Rockton is in need of a homicide detective, otherwise they probably would have been passed over.

I liked the character Kelley and this town of Rocton was interesting.  For some reason I found the first part of the book interesting, and then when I got to the second part I was starting to get bored.  It looks like this is the first one in a new series, I would probably read the next one to see where it might go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...