Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Tear me Apart

Tear me Apart
by J.T. Ellison


Mindy is only 17 years old and already has made quite a name for herself as a competitive skier.  She is on the way to eventually getting on the Olympic team.  She has an accident while skiing at an event and breaks her leg.  

During surgery, her doctors find out that she has leukemia.  Mindy has been tired lately but she assumed it was because she was training so heavily.  She is very sick and soon needs a stem cell transplant or she will die.  Her parents are tested to see if they are matches.  That leads to the discovery that they are not related to her at all.  

Who are her biological parents?  Why did nobody know that she was adopted?  The novel rotates between Mindy, her adoptive mother, her aunt and her biological dad.  And in between that there are letters between two friends from years ago that you try to figure out how they are related to your present day people.  It does sound like a lot of characters rotating between and to keep track of, but it worked and seemed fine.

I did enjoy this one, it was a good story that kept me interested.  I looked on Goodreads to see if this author has more books, and yay, there look to be quite a few that I can read down the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...