Thursday, January 17, 2019

The Brink of Darkness

The Brink of Darkness
by Jeff Giles


Book two in the Edge of Everything series finds Zoe and X separated.  X is back in the Lowlands, and as punishment has been stripped of his powers.

This book seems to have high reviews, but I thought it was just okay.  I ended up picking up the second book in the series at the library when I saw it on display and figured I would see where the series went.

The more interesting part of the book was X in the Lowlands, I was interested in the stories of the past and for him to find his mother.  I wasn't very interested in the parts featuring Zoe. Something about her I just don't care for.  I do feel bad for X though, trapped in the Lowlands, and for his mother separated from her son right after giving birth.  That's sad.  

I don't know if there will be another book in this series, as it looks like this one had come out not too long ago. I may or may not read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...