Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Little do we Know

Little do we Know
by Tamara Ireland Stone

Hannah and Emory live next door to each other and have been best friends since they were kids.  However, they haven't spoken in months due to a fight where words were said that hurt both of them.  This novel rotates chapters between Hannah and Emory.

Hannah is a preacher's daughter struggling with her faith.  She finds out her family is in financial trouble and that she won't be able to go to the college of her choice as her parents spent her college fund in an attempt to turn things around.  

Emory is dating Luke and is busy with her UCLA performing arts application and the school play.  One day Hannah finds Luke unconscious in his car in bad shape and he is rushed to the hospital.  

I kept waiting to find out what had happened in this fight to keep the best friend apart.  You eventually find out and yes, something should have been done about it earlier, but at least they do make things right.  I did not like Aaron, the guy that Hannah's father hired at the church..  Snake.  (Note: he did not have anything to do with the fight, I was just randomly commenting that I did not like that character.)

It was a decent story, I liked the alternating chapters.  I thought the book was maybe a little too long though, it felt like towards the end it was starting to drag with not much happening and it took quite a while to find out what this fight was about.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...