Tuesday, January 1, 2019

The Real Lolita

The Real Lolita
by Sarah Weinman


Sarah Weinman researched the 1948 kidnapping of Sally Horner and how it influenced Vladimir Nabokov's writing of his novel Lolita.

Most of the time I read fiction, and only occasionally something nonfiction if it's something that catches my eye.  I found this book interesting, I liked how the author just brought more to the story.  I recently read a fictional account of Sally Horner and Lolita, so reading nonfiction and reading more about both was interesting.  

I liked how the author wrote more details about Sally Horner, the author Vladimir Nabokov and his writing process of Lolita, and then just observations about the book Lolita itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...