Tuesday, January 29, 2019

The Stepmother

The Stepmother
by Claire Seeber


Jeanie recently married Matthew and they both have children from previous relationships.  Matthew has two 15-year old twins, one of them named Scarlett, who takes a dislike to Jeanie.  Jeanie also has a secret from her past that she is hiding and hasn't told her husband.

Soon someone is trying to scare Jeanie.  Who is trying to scare her?  What is this secret that Jeanie is hiding?  I kept reading to find out both--what she was hiding, and then who was behind all the stuff that was happening.  Was someone trying to break Jeanie and Matthew up?  Was she going crazy?

I did not like Matthew and how he treated Jeanie at times.  He came across as a dirt bag pushing people around because he had money.  Then you had the jealous ex-wife, Kaye.  The daughter Scarlet was hard to read at times, she would be a typical snotty teenager, and then turn around and be nice to Jeanie.

It was a pretty good book, it kept my interest and I wanted to keep reading to find out what was going on.  I looked on Goodreads and it looks like this author has several other books so I added them to my to-read list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...