Monday, February 11, 2019

The Sweet Life: The Serial

The Sweet Life: The Serial
by Francine Pascal


I was pretty excited to read this one.  When I was kid I was always reading Sweet Valley kids and Sweet Valley twins.  It's one of the series I read as a kid that made me like reading so much.  Jessica and Elizabeth are twins which sounded like fun and to kid me they seemed so cool.

In this novel, Jessica and Elizabeth are in their thirties.  Elizabeth is a reporter at the LA Tribune and Jessica is successful in her PR career.  Jessica is married, has a two year old son, but things are shaky with her husband, Todd.  And Elizabeth is with Bruce, a very rich man, who is accused of rape.  Elizabeth investigates and there seems to be some truth to the accusations, which don't add up to the man she has lived with for three years.  Something is off and both twins work on helping Bruce; Elizabeth starts investigating and Jessica starts handling the PR.

Also in this novel, Lila, becomes a reality TV star.  She decides to fake a pregnancy in an attempt to get more liked on the show and to keep her husband.  The twin's brother also has a baby with his partner in this book.

Sometimes you feel like you are almost eating popcorn reading a book, it is just such fun you are just eating it up.  Some of the stuff, okay, many parts, were just over the top and I just loved it.  I really wanted to keep reading when I got to the end.  I should go and read more of the old series, they are just such fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...