Monday, March 4, 2019

Mr. Commitment

Mr. Commitment
by Mike Gayle


Ben is in his late twenties, and after four years of dating, his girlfriend proposes to him.  This sends Ben into a tailspin, he likes the way things are.  Ben and Mel haven't moved in together and he isn't sure he is ready to get married and now he feels pressured to.

The character of Ben was amusing, more at first, he got a bit annoying after a while.  He was in his late twenties and needed to grow up.  I didn't care for Mel, I honestly kept reading hoping that during one of their breakups Ben would meet someone else, and then that would be why Ben didn't immediately say yes when Mel asked him to marry her, because she just wasn't the right one.

Normally men propose, so the idea was different.  Basically after four years, Mel wants to know if this relationship is going to go somewhere or if she is wasting her time.  She wants to get married and settle down. Instead of waiting a few more years, she just asks him.  

It was an amusing read, it wasn't the best book, but it definitely wasn't the worse either and I would read one of his other books if I happened to see them on the library shelf. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...