Sunday, March 3, 2019

The Fearless

The Fearless
by Emma Pass


The government has made a drug that was meant to help with PTSD, it helps the soldiers not feel fear, which makes them better in combat.  After a short success, they start giving it to more people.  Soon after they discover the drug has side effects.  Yes, they no longer feel fear, but they also no longer feel empathy or love.  Soon the infected, called the fearless, are zombie-like, violent, rabid, and want to infect more.  

Soon after the invasion, Cass is taken to a compound for safety with her mother, who gives birth to a boy, on the way there.  Seven years later, Cass's mother is gone.  She's in the compound with her younger brother.  When he is kidnapped by the Fearless, she goes after him.

This reminded me of other distopian novels, and even some television shows.  I liked it, it was a good story.  I liked the character of Cass, she is going out trying to save her younger brother. It's scary out there.

After reading this one, I was hoping there were more and it was a series.  I didn't see anymore and this came out a few years ago which makes me think it is a standalone novel.  The author does have one other book out, which I will be adding to my reading list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...