Monday, March 11, 2019

Never Tell

Never Tell
by Lisa Gardner



I was so excited to see that Lisa Gardner had a new book out, as it's always a good story that will pull you in.  This one was another page turner.

The novel rotates chapters between Evie, D.D. Warren and Flora.  Sometimes rotating between so many characters might confuse me of which chapter I'm reading, but Lisa Gardner is such a good writer, that was never a problem.

Evie is found holding a gun in her hand and her husband shot dead, the computer near him also being shot 12 times.  She looks guilty, but of course there is more to the story than what you see at first glance.

D.D. Warren recognizes Evie from a case years ago when she was first starting as a detective.  She was accused of shooting and killing her father and it was ruled an accident.  How many accidents can one person have?

Flora has the television on in the background when she turns and recognizes Evie's husband.  She saw him when she was held against her will and tortured by Jacob.  How did Evie's husband and Jacob know each other?

I have liked the addition of Flora in the past couple novels, and I hope she is in the next one too.  We still need answers from her story, and after that I think she might be able to move on and start living her life.  

I liked how something looked one way, but there was always more to the story.  When the police walk in, Evie sure looks guilty as she is holding a gun and her husband is dead.  Evie knew her husband was keeping a secret, but she didn't know what it was.  They really have to dig to find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...