Friday, March 1, 2019

Our Year of Maybe

Our Year of Maybe
by Rachel Lynn Solomon


Sophie and Peter are best friends.  Peter has long been on the kidney transplant list, so when Sophie is found to be a match, they are excited.  

However, Sophie is secretly wishing that once Peter has her kidney, he will magically love her back.  As a child, Peter had feelings for Sophie, that she didn't return at the time.  Now the roles have been reversed, and Sophie is in love with him.  


The reviews on this one seemed fairly high, but I thought it was just mediocre.  I wasn't really caring for either main character.  A friend giving up a kidney for a friend, well, I thought that could be interesting.  You are giving up a part of yourself, willingly going into surgery so that they can have a better life and live.  It's a wonderful thing.


This one just wasn't much for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...