Friday, March 22, 2019

Reality Alternatives

Reality Alternatives
by Lesley Smith



Chloe discovers she can access a parallel world through her virtual reality experiment.  Soon she likes the parallel world more than her real world.  In the parallel world, she is married, has a family, has her career, and is really happy.  But what happens to her body while she is in the parallel world?  Nothing.  It just lays there, which isn't great when she wants to be in the other world for long periods of time, say days, or even more.

For me, this one started out promising, it seemed like it was going to be a pretty solid science fiction/fantasy story.  It was flipping between her real world and the parallel world.  I was more interested in what was happening to her in the real world.  And the parallel world just got really weird.  Eventually I lost interest and found myself skimming because I wanted to find out if she was going to be okay when she finally got back to the real world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...