Monday, March 18, 2019

The Latehomecomer

The Latehomecomer:
A Hmong Family Memoir
by Kao Kalia Yang 


This caught my eye when I saw an advertisement for a book group that was reading it.  Kao tells her family's story of immigrating to the United States when she was 6 years old.  She starts telling her family's story with her parents from the jungles of Laos, to refugee camps in Thailand, and then finally on to America.

It was interesting, reading how much they came from, struggling to make a better life for their family.  Hardworking family that did their best.  It makes you think of the current situation with all these immigrants wanting to come into America from the South for a better life here.   

I can see why this would be picked for a book discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...