Sunday, March 17, 2019

This is Me: Loving the Person you are Today
by Chrissy Metz



I watch the show "This is Us," so when I saw Chrissy Metz had a book out, I wanted to read it.  

Chrissy shares about growing up, struggling with her weight, being made fun of, having a strict stepfather that made her life miserable, working as an agent for years, and struggling to find parts as an actor.   In between sharing about her life, are chapters called "Bee Mindful,"  short, little positive messages.

I enjoyed the book, it has a good, positive message and I found Chrissy's memoir interesting.  I like her down to earthiness.  She even had a part where she was dating someone and just stunk their bathroom up and then left.  She doesn't come across as I'm better than you because now I'm a successful actress on a huge show.  She comes across as genuine, she worked hard to be where she is at today and is inspiring to others. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...