Wednesday, March 20, 2019

The Long Walk

The Long Walk
by Stephen King


This is a book my husband read first, told me about, and then I wanted to read it.  

100 boys begin walking, they must maintain a speed of at least 4 mph.  If they slow down, they get a warning.  After three warnings, they get their ticket, aka they get shot and die.  

What an interesting idea.  They walk for days.  And just thinking how long I would last, not long.  That 4 mph pace would be hard, because it's a not a nice stroll, that's like a power walk, for me the awkward pace in between actually walking and a jogging pace at 5 mph.

I would have liked a bit more to the book of before and after the walk.  What happened after the race?  And maybe a bit more of when they started the race, more depth of why they were volunteering to do this.  Yes, the 100 boys volunteered to do this!  A race where they walk nonstop and 99 of them die.  It's crazy.  The odds are not in your favor to win.  

It was a good read, a really interesting idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...