Saturday, March 30, 2019

The Temp

The Temp
by Michelle Frances


Emma gets a job to be a temp for Carrie.  Carrie is married, pregnant, and needs a temp for her maternity leave.  Carrie seems to be successful, has a good job, has gone far in her career already, has a good marriage, has money, and now has a baby on the way.  Emma is in her early twenties and seems to still be finding her way.

This one flipped narrators between Emma, Carrie, and Carrie's husband.  Sometimes this works, other times, like in this book, that can be confusing as you figure out who is narrating.

It was a decent story.  The beginning I was reading waiting to find out more, as there had to be something more that I just wasn't aware of.  Did Emma know Carrie or her husband from somewhere?  What was going on? And no, when you get to the end and find out why, I was surprised and didn't guess that one.

Was it the best?  No, but it was still a pretty decent read and I would read this author again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...