Sunday, March 31, 2019

Firefly: Big Damn Hero

Firefly: Big Damn Hero
by Nancy Holder and James Lovegrove


Oh fun, I was excited to see there is a new book series coming out featuring Firefly.  I wasn't sure if I would like this one, but it's pretty good.  What I particularly liked is that the characters in the book sound like the characters did in the show, if that makes sense.  In the book they are talking and acting how their character did. 

The crew is back where the battle of Serenity Valley happened, which was a turning point in the war.  The browncoats ended up being defeated and the town is celebrating the Alliance.  This is a bit of a sore area as Mal and Zoe both fought on the side of the browncoats.

While there, Mal is kidnapped and disappears.  The crew works to find him and get him back.

It was a good story, it makes me miss the show, the book was almost like having another episode.  I want to read the other ones in the series as they become available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...