Thursday, March 7, 2019

The Weight of Small Things

The Weight of Small Things
by Sherri Wood Emmons


Corrie has a good life and is happily married.  However, she desperately wants a baby.  She is haunted by something that happened in her past and fears that God is punishing her now and that's why she isn't getting pregnant.  This is also starting to take a tole on her marriage.

Then in walks Daniel, Corrie's ex-boyfriend, from ten years ago.  She thought she would marry him at one time.

I don't want to say too much to give away what happens, but wrong decisions are made.  What I liked about this book, even as I was shaking my head telling the character that was a bad idea, that they are flawed.  Humans are not perfect, we make mistakes, and this book is filled with those flawed, realistic characters.  People make mistake, and they are okay, the characters turned it around and made the best out of it.

This is the second book I have read by this author, and I think the library had a couple more by her that I will be reading sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...