Wednesday, March 6, 2019

You Can Trust Me

You Can Trust Me
by Sophie McKenzie




One day Livy finds her friend dead.  The evidence supports a suicide, there is even a note, but that doesn't match up with what she knew about her friend.  

How well did she know Julia?  Soon she meets Damien, the man that Julia was dating.  To her Julia told her she never wanted to get married and never wanted kids.  Damien says otherwise and they were about to get engaged, looking at picking out rings later to make it official, and that she did want kids in the next year or two.  

And Damien tells Livy that Julia has secretly been trying to find her sister's killer after all these years, that she has never given up and has kept looking.  Livy had no idea that Julia was even investigating. Her sister was murdered eighteen years ago and now it looks like the two murders might be connected.

In between chapters of Livy, there are almost diary entries from the killer.  Disturbing.  

I kept reading as I wanted to know who the killer was.  I had a few guesses but I thought they would just be too obvious.  It was a good book and I would read this author again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...