Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Caged

Caged
by Ellison Cooper


Sayer Altair, an FBI agent who prefers to do research rather than actually go out in the field and hunt criminals.  After a girl is found starved to death captive in a cage, Sayer is called to lead the investigation of what turns out into a serial killer.

Some of the parts are a bit dark, but it is an FBI agent hunting down a serial killer.  

This one was really good, it reminded me a bit of Lisa Gardner or Lisa Castillo, the way the book drew you in, that it was a FBI agent or detective, and the strong female character.  

This looks like the first in a new series featuring Sayer Altair, and I can't wait to read the next one.  I liked the character: strong, working on her first big case, yet she still struggles as she misses her fiance and doesn't see her family as much as she would like.  So she's strong but she's not perfect, which makes her more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...