Saturday, April 6, 2019

Foe

Foe
by Iain Reid


Junior and his wife, Hen live on a farm out in the country.  It's quiet and they rarely get visitors.  One day a stranger arrives and says that Junior has been selected to travel far away.  He is on the list, and he might not leave for a couple years, or more.  The stranger comes back a couple years later, and asks question after question.  He is to find out as much as possible about Junior, for a replacement for Hen.

This was one of the weirdest books.  Most of it I was going, what's going on.  It reminded me of The Twilight Zone, or one of those science fiction shows on Netflix.  It's a really quick read, something a little different.  It has a bit of a twist at the end.  I was expecting something odd to happen, but I didn't guess that.  Anyway, it was just weird, but it was weird in a good way.  Very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...