Monday, April 1, 2019

Puddin'

Puddin'
by Julie Murphy


This is the second in the Dumplin series.  The description says its a companion novel to Dumplin; however, stuff happens in the first one that is mentioned in this one, so this one is definitely taking place after that one.

This novel rotates between Millie and Callie.  Millie has gone to fat camp every year, but this year she doesn't want to go.  She has accepted that she is fat and she's okay with that.  She tends to be positive.  Callie is a popular girl who ends up getting in trouble, and then she crosses paths with Millie.  At first they aren't friends, but then they start to grow a friendship.

This one took me a little bit to get into, I thought I wasn't going to like it at first.  But then after a while, it was pretty good and I liked this one a little more than the first book.  Overall it's a good series.   It has a nice message of accepting yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...