Tuesday, April 9, 2019

The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls

The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls
by Emilie Autumn


Autumn attempts suicide and soon after is sent to a psych ward.  While there, she discovers letters from another girl in a pysch ward from the late 1800s. 

This one started out promising.  I started it, it was interesting, it was making me think of Girl, Interrupted.  Reading about her being in a psych ward, making friends, hopefully getting better made for a promising sounding book.

Well, soon, it's mostly about this girl living in the past at the psych ward.  And parts of her story were interesting, but it was just losing my interest.  I did finish the book and it just got weird in spots.  

It starts out promising, then just gets a bit boring and weird.  The ending was interesting.  That made you think a little of what was going on and what had happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...