Saturday, April 20, 2019

The Other Sister

The Other Sister
by Sarah Zettel


Geraldine has come back home after running away twenty years ago when her mother mysteriously died.  Geraldine Monroe is the bad sister. Reckless and troubled, she ran away shortly after the mysterious death of their mother twenty years ago.  Her sister, Marie, has been home all this time; Marie is thought of as the good daughter and she has a son.  
Their father Martin, is cruel and cold-hearted.  The sisters start potting together of how to kill him.

I really wanted to like this one, but I just really didn't get into it. I only got through about half of the book.  It seemed like there were just way too many characters, I was trying to get Geraldine and Marie straightened out of who was who.  And then the author would bring in another character, their mom.  And then it was bouncing back and forth between present day and the past.  


Normally that would have all been fine, but for some reason, it was a jumble mess of confusion.  It was disappointing, as this book sounded like something I would really like.  And I bet there was a twist or something at the end, but I didn't get there as I got tired of wondering what was going on and who was who that I just went on to a different book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...