Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Saving Red

Saving Red
by Sonya Sones


Molly, a 14-year-old, is volunteering at an event for the homeless when she meets a girl a few years older than her.  Something about Red intrigues her, she is different and Molly feels a pull to reunite Red with her family.  It will be Molly's something good to do.

Molly and Red do have something in common.  Red won't talk about her past, which makes it difficult to reunite her with her family if she doesn't talk about them, or give Molly their number.  And at the same time, something happened in Molly's past that she isn't talking about either.

Molly soon learns that Red hears voices and she is sick and should be taking medication.  Molly wants to help her even more as they become friends.

When I picked this book up, I wasn't sure if I would be able to get into it.  I wasn't aware that it was written in that poetry prose verse instead of just a regular novel.  I don't like poetry, but decided to just read a few pages to give the book a chance. I was pleasantly surprised, while I would have preferred a regular novel since I just feel like so much more depth could have been accessed there, it was still a good book.  This might make me actually give other books written in this format an actual chance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...