Friday, May 17, 2019

Underwater

Underwater
by Marissa Reichardt


Morgan is a teenager who is currently struggling with being able to even get out of her front door.  It paralyzes her with fear.  She wasn't always this way.  Something bad happened at her school a year ago and changed her life.  She is now finishing her school online and sees a therapists twice a week.  

A new boy moves across the street and this changes things for Morgan.  They become friends and he helps motivate her to want to work through her problems  and want to actually get better and be able to have a life again.

I thought it took a while in the book for you to find out more about what had happened at the school and why she felt so overwhelmingly guilty about it, so I don't want to go into to much for those who have not read the book yet.  But when you do find out more, wow, I can see why she became overwhelmed with guilt.  It was not her fault, not at all, but I can see why it affected her so much.

This one was an interesting look into agoraphobia and somebody working to process a tragic event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...