Monday, May 27, 2019

The Jewel

The Jewel
by Amy Ewing


This one caught my eye as the cover reminded me of The Selection series and I really enjoyed those.  In this novel, Violet's country is divided into different sections, the poorest living on the outside, the richest in the center part called the jewel.  By a blood test, Violet is selected to be a surrogate to the rich, she does not have a choice in this.  The surrogates are sold like slaves and treated as property.

Soon Violet is stuck in a world much different from what she is used to.  She is led around on a leash, with a collar around her neck.  Jealousy is raging among the different rich families and some surrogates are getting murdered as these rich families fight to be on top.

There were a couple of twists and surprises at the end.  I liked this one, it was a fun book and I'm looking forward to reading the next in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...