Wednesday, May 29, 2019

UnSweetined

UnSweetined
by Jodie Sweetin



I grew up watching Full House and the past few years I have enjoyed watching Fuller House.  Interesting to read how the sweet Stephanie character was quite different from the real person.  She seems to be the very definition of a child star gone bad.  It's so sad to see such a talented person throwing their life away on drugs and alcohol.  However, she cleaned up and stopped taking drugs when she found out she was pregnant.  

This book was written a decade ago, so I am curious as to what has happened since then. Is she still clean?  I hope she is.  She's been on Fuller House since then, so I think she is, but she's an actor and does her job well.  Candace Cameron Bure seems like a pretty straight arrow and if Jodie is working with her, I would guess she is still sober and doing well.

It was an interesting read.  It came across as very honest.  What it was like to grow up working on a show that became a huge success.  She became typecast in that one character and struggled to move on.  It's a story of someone becoming successful, hitting rock bottom, and then coming back and doing well again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...