Friday, June 7, 2019

Choose your own Disaster

Choose your own Disaster
by Dana Schwartz

This one was really different.  In between chapters, there would be a quiz and you were to choose which way to continue.  Honestly, I had a hard time with that, I ended up reading the book the normal way.  I know, that's not how this one was meant to be read, but I was afraid I would miss something interesting otherwise.

The book had some interesting parts.  Her eating disorder, that just made her human.  It was still sad.  The quiz between chapters made it quirky and fun. 

However, eventually I was just getting bored.  The character was going through one meaningless relationship after another.  One night stand after another.  

I have not read this author before, I'm not on twitter so I'm not familiar with the accounts she apparently has.  I did see that she has a young adult book out and I put that on my reading list, which I may or may not like.  Still undecided on the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...