Tuesday, June 4, 2019

I'm Thinking of Ending Things

I'm thinking of Ending Things
by Iain Reid


Well, this one was different.  A woman is traveling with her boyfriend, they have only been dating about 6 weeks and they are going to meet his parents.  Along the way, she gets getting these phone calls with the same message over and over, that don't make any sense.  And the number is coming from her own number.  

And in between are short passages from the police.  Someone has died, and you don't know who until you get closer to the end of the book.

At first reading the book I wasn't sure if the title referred to the girlfriend thinking of breaking up with her boyfriend.  Or someone thinking of suicide.  It's both.

The ending.  The book got weird at the end, it was a twist.  After finishing this one, I went to look for spoilers and an explanation of what had just happened.  I finished it last night and I'm still not sure what to think.  I liked his other book, Foe, better, but this one was still good. His books seem to be just a little different.

This might be one that would be a good one to read a second time.  For such a short book, there is a lot going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...