Saturday, June 15, 2019

The Black Key

The Black Key
by Amy Ewing



This is the third and final book in The Lone City series.  In this one, Violet is going back to the Jewel to go after her sister Hazel.  If caught, Violet will be sentenced to death.  Violet has used her magic to disguise her appearance, however, her voice is the same so she must be careful that no one recognizes her. 
As Violet goes back the the Jewel, she works with the rebellion and they make a plan to take the island back and away from the royalty.  Violet becomes more powerful as she understands how to work with the elements more. 
I really enjoyed this series, I liked all the books.  I wanted to continue to read to find out if Violet was going to get caught.  What would happen to her friends?  Would they survive the rebellion?  I was concerned about her sister, Hazel.  Would Violet be able to get her out safely?  
I also liked how some of the characters who were basically forced into slavery, and didn't think they were worth anything, realized that there was so much more to them.  They were not worthless.  Ash was not a worthless pretty prostitute.  The surrogates were not worthless throwaway girls either.  Even some of the royals had more them than you would assume at first glance.  
I read reviews and some people didn't like the book or Violet.  But she was the catalyst that caused so much change.  She helped others see that there was more to them, she was hope for a better future.  She helped others see themselves through different eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...