Sunday, January 6, 2019

If I Could Turn back Time

If I Could Turn back Time by Beth Harbison


Ramie is a successful, financially stable thirty-seven year old with a good job.  However, she wonders if her life is missing something: she is single and has no family.  When she is on a boat, she has an accident and goes overboard.  She wakes up as an eighteen-year-old in her old bedroom at her parent’s house. 

 This book had an interesting idea.  I was putting away books and read on the front cover: “What if your thirty-something self woke up in your eighteen-year-old body?”  This appealed to me because I am in my thirties.  Just the possibilities of thinking how would you do things differently if you went back in time are quite interesting. 

 The book was a quick read.  It was amusing at times when Ramie would talk like a thirty-seven year old but be in her eighteen year old body.  She would confuse people.   I liked how when she went back she had confidence that she did not originally have when she was a teenager the first time around.  She also handled things more rationally.

What would you do differently in your life if you had a second chance?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Reviews!

Hello! I am a mom, wife, dog-owner, librarian and an avid reader.  I thought it might be fun to start a blog about the books that I am cur...